There is simply no shortage of makeup on the market. It seems like every time we find out perfect concealer or favorite shade of lipstick it’s discontinued within a few years, and then 10 new products pop up at the same makeup counters and stores.
It can also be hard to find the best products for your skin type without spending a fortune on sampling. And it can be especially hard to discover any truthful advice on which the best anti-aging makeup. Usually an employee will be suggesting and selling his or her own products, not always able to give you the help you need.
So like a good friend who always knows what’s trending, and wants you to look and feel fantastic, we’re going to share our own list of the best anti-aging makeup of 2016.
When choosing a foundation and concealer for more mature skin, you need to focus on two things – texture and light. Anything that is too matte will make the skin look older and flat. Look for light-reflecting products to maintain a more youthful effect (this is a key factor across the board when choosing the best anti-aging makeup).
Lancome’s Radiance-Boosting Teint Miracle, $47
- Available in 27 different shades
- Unique liquid light essence maximizes skin’s surface radiance
- 18 hours of hydration
- Diminishes redness
- Good for sensitive skin
- Protects from UV damage
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Life and Firm Concealer, $21
- Ultra-creamy concealer with CPT technology
- A high level of micro-fine, light-diffusing pigments helps cover dark circles and blur the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Targets deeper wrinkles to firm and lift
- SPF 15
- Vitamins A, C & E for moisture
The right eye makeup can do wonders on a more mature face. You must work with the changing shape of your eyes as you age, and you want to be sure to choose products that will enhance and add light. Powder shadows often clump into our fine lines and can make you look older. The best anti aging makeup for your eyes can vary, however you want to be sure the products enhances the reflection of light for a youthful effect.
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow – $28
- Soft, velvety finish
- Up to 12 hours of water, sweat, humidity and transfer-resistant wear
- Use as an all over lid shade, as a lower lid shade or as a highlighter
- 20 different shades
CODE VLM Volumising Lengthening Mascara
- Length, thickness, volume, separation & curl
- No smudges or flakes
- Tear proof
- Includes vitamins & waxes to encourage natural growth
When searching for the best anti-aging makeup, remember lips can change the whole face. And just like the rest of your skin, your lips will wrinkle and age. It’s important to keep them moisturized as you age, and to choose appropriate colors and formulas for your mature skin type.
Kosas Weightless Lip Color – $24
- Green Tea, Rosehip, and Grape Seed Oils
- Powerful antioxidants that heal cells and fight free radicals to reverse environmental damage and aging
- Mango and Shea butters to moisturize and protect lips, while also preventing formation of fine lines.
- Sweet Orange Oil as a collagen-booster with a luxurious, uplifting scent.
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates.
Getting older does not have to mean you can’t be bold with your makeup, or have a little fun. You simply need to know which products are best for your skin type. When choosing the best anti-aging makeup just remember to keep it light, keep it bright and keep it moisturizing.
What are some of your best anti-aging makeup tips, tricks and suggestions? Subscribe today and share with us. We are always looking for new products and inspiration!