To obtain an informed opinion we consulted the Mayo Clinic – one of the preeminent facilities for such operations.
This is a summary of their opinion. You may research further here.
Firstly, let us examine the reasons we consider a facelift.
- To get rid of facial lines and wrinkles and sagging skin on the neck.
- Eye Bags
- Crow’s Feet (the wrinkles from the corner of the eyes also called smile lines.
- Deep naso-labial folds. These are the lines that run from the sides of the nostrils diagonally to the corners of the mouth.
- Frown lines. The II between the eyebrows.
- Forehead wrinkles. The furrows running horizontally across the forehead.
- Creased lips. Makes it near impossible to make a straight line with your lipstick. It tends to ‘bleed’ around your lips
- Jowls, Wattles or “Chook” Neck with excess skin below your jawline.
None of these are life-threatening, we just do not like the way we look because of them. We all want to regain some of our youthful appearance for a variety of reasons. Yes, we want to look our best for ourselves, and rightly so.
But the question is – what we are prepared to do to obtain that desired look?
Obviously, the extreme is a complete surgical face-lift
(The most common technique for a surgical facelift is described in detail below.)
However, the costs are not insignificant with the average cost for the surgeon listed as USD8005. On top of that you have the fees for the:
- Hospital or Surgical Facility Costs
- Anaesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
- Medical tests
So, it would be safe to say double it.
Alternatively, there are topical serums that will temporarily provide a similar result without the cost and pain associated with surgery.
But let’s look at the Surgical procedure involved:
The surgeon makes an incision on each side of the face from the temple, around the bottom of the ear and back to the scalp.
The skin is lifted, superfluous tissue is removed, and the skin is drawn back achieving a more youthful look and shape to the face.
Often the surgeon will include a neck lift to reduce excess skin around the neck.
Having a surgical face-lift will not correct lines, wrinkles caused by exposure to the sun. these can be addressed with other cosmetic procedures
As we age, the amount of collagen and elastin we produce declines. Collagen and Elastin are responsible for hydration and skin elasticity so as they produce less the skin cells move further apart. This makes the skin thinner and unable to recover to its normal position as quickly as it once did and that is when you see the visible signs of aging, such as sagging and wrinkling of the skin. Repeated facial movements, smiling, frowning, furrowing your brow or talking will take their toll. With the skin’s decreased elasticity, it is not able to snap back as it did when you were much younger. *
*Extract from www.EraseCosmetics.com
The environment also puts pressure on skin when exposed to excess sun, wind, and everyday irritants. Smoking, chemical pollutants, and excess alcohol consumption don’t help either.
Are there Risks involved with a Surgical Facelift?
To be honest there are risks or complications with a surgical lift as there are in any surgical procedure.
We are not by any means saying they will occur, but the possible issues can be:
- Blood forming under the skin and cause swelling usually within the first 24 hours after surgery It usually forms within 24 hours of surgery. With timely treatment damage can be avoided.
- As with any skin trauma scarring will occur. However, a killed surgeon will generally minimise scarring to the point it is barely noticeable. There are various injections or treatments that can assist to improve the appearance of scarring
- Nerve injury.While extremely uncommon if nerve damage does occur it may require more surgery to repair the damage.
- Hair loss.It is possible hair may not regrow around the scarred tissue areas.
- There can be a possible reaction from anaesthesia. Generally, you will be tested for possible reaction prior to being booked for surgery.
There are other general health factors that may complicate your chances of successful surgery, such as:
- Taking Blood-thinning medications or supplements. These can prevent the ability of the blood to clot increasing the risk of bleeding post-surgery.
- Pre-existing Medical conditions. High blood pressure can decrease the ability of the scars to clot causing bleeding.
- Smoking has always been a big NO NO!
- Severe Weight Fluctuation. Constant weigh changes will obviously affect your appearance post-surgery
After the procedure:
Well, just because you had a facelift everything you will still have side effects from -Mild to moderate pain, Drainage from the incisions, Swelling, Bruising, Numbness
The incisions will likely be covered with bandages, which will minimise the swelling and bruising with the application of gentle pressure. It may be necessary to drain fluid or blood from under the skin. Bandages may be replaced with an elasticated sling after a few days.
After approximately 7 days the stiches should be removed, and you will be required to have follow up visits to check the healing process.
A face-lift can give your face and neck a more youthful look. But even the results from a surgical face lift are only temporary. In time the skin on your face will relax again. A surgical facelift should be expected to last for up to 10 years.
At Erase Cosmetics we have been offering a non-surgical face-lift serum for almost 15 years.
You can achieve similar results with the reduction of facial and neck wrinkles without the invasive procedures and risks associated with surgery.
The solution we offer is temporary, lasting up to 8 hours. Sure that is way less than 10 years but so is the cost.
In fact for the price of the surgery alone you can purchase 160 bottles of Instant facelift serum, enough for 13 years of taking care of your wrinkles.
So, what can I expect from Instant facelift Serum?
You can visit our website where we have offered comprehensive information as to the benefits and pitfalls of our product.
We had a review recently which I feel sums up our product and its effect for one of our long-term customers. They are by no means alone in experiencing these results. Many of our customers have been with us almost since we first started 15 years ago and still use the product if not every day, at least when they go out socially.
Received on the 12th of September 2022:
“However, she loves your product and has been using it for years.
I must say, she looks remarkable, not a wrinkle in sight. She says, even on the days she does not use it, the effects of the skin tightening carries over and remains. It appears to have an accumulative effect. She has tried similar products but discarded them as inferior.”
How Long will a Non-Surgical Facelift Last
As I have stated above the effects Erase Instant Facelift Serum can last up to 8 hours. However, our customers have noticed the serum does have an accumulative effect on wrinkles often reducing them over time.
The most common areas our customers wish to treat are displayed in the pic below.
We also have the most success in reducing wrinkles in these areas:
- Crow’s feet, smile lines, eye wrinkles.
- Eye bags
- Naso-labial folds
- Mouth and lip areas
- Forehead wrinkles
We offer and inexpensive and effective alternative to cosmetic surgery.